Pinterist

Friday, July 17, 2015

Thankful

This has been on my brain to blog about for months.

Last month, I got the opportunity to shoot my hairstylist. Her support for my business, is overwhelmingly appreciated. Her photoshoot was the MOST anxiety filled state I've ever been in. You know that moment when you're waiting on your clients to pick their photos? Or just view them for that matter? I waited. And waited. It was only an hour but it felt like 3 days. Once I received her approval, I cried. I've cried so many days just thinking about her well being. My thoughts were, "You are putting your vision in my hands. I have to make sure I capture everything you've envisioned."





She is battling HER2 stage 3 breast cancer. I guess you could say it was her coming out shoot. No more wigs. No more hiding. It was time for her to exude every bit of confidence she has. No matter what she's experiencing, she's always extremely positive and full of laughter. The woman still slays while getting chemo, Hunty. As she says, she has cancer. Cancer doesn't have her. As I continue to pray for her health, I am reminded that LIFE is not to be taken for granted. She is also responsible for my photos hitting the WORLDWIDE WEB like FIRE, Hunty, FIRE!! Had we not done this photoshoot, we would have never seen the impact she has made in such a short time. I am so very proud to have done this with her. I am fearless. I am thankful. As I've rebranded and changed my logo, I decided to take the skirt she'd given to me after the shoot and put it on camera one more time.




Keitra, you are a true angel. I never imagined that we'd become so close outside of you snatching my hair. Your soul is genuine. Your heart is amazing. I'm so glad I found you! I'm so glad to be back home. Smell your roses while you can!

LaJune

Photos by me: PhotosbyLJK (Facebook and Instagram)

1 comment:

Clipping Path Service said...

Your, photography works much interesting and looks professional. I highly recommend your photography works.
Clipping Path Service